Planning to travel to India? You must know that the country you are visiting will require a tourist visa, so i f you plan to stay longer, you will need a few valid documents. Today, there are numerous types of visa available for nations and India is no different than them. Before applying, it is important to check all the required documents and everything . There are different rules and regulations for different nationalities while you are applying for a tourist Visa to India.
Types of Visa India provides
In India, various visas are issued by immigration officials to the visitors who arrive at the border of India. Concerned India visa types are listed below as follow
- Employment Visa– Also known as the work visa, this visa is particularly for people who wish to take up employment in India. The maximum duration of visa is 1 year of the contract, although it can be extended as per your requirements.
- Business Visa – A Business Visa is issued to the individuals who need to visit India for business purposes. A multiple entry visa allows eligible citizens to spend around 6 months in India. For obtaining this visa, the applications might also have to provide details of their business.
- Project Visa– Individuals who want to execute their projects in Power and Steel escorts can opt for this visa. The maximum duration of this visa is 1 year or the exact duration of the given project.
- Entry Visa– This visa is a must for the families who are planning to accompany the foreign nationals. The maximum duration for this type of visa is 5 years.
- Research Visa– If any individual wants to pursue research in any field, they can obtain a research visa. It can also be extended as the maximum duration for this visa is 5 years.
- Transit Visa– This visa is given to the individuals who want to pass through India. It is valid for 15 days but it cannot be extended in India.
- Conference Visa– Often NGOs, PSUs and Government gold international seminars. Any individual who wishes to attend such seminars will require this Visa.
- Tourist Visa– Any individual who wants to visit India for leisure, this visa is for them. The tourist visa is valid for 1 year and eligible citizens can stay in India for about 90 days straight as a tourist. This visa is also known as the visit visa for India.
- Medical Visa– India is home to certain recognized medical centers and treatment homes. Any person who wants to accompany a patient for medical treatment can also go for this visa along with the person who needs treatment. It is valid for 120 days from the date of issuance.
What is an e-Visa ?
An e-Visa just as the name suggests is an electronic visa . It simply means that whatever information you will share with the officials will be stored digitally online. Various nations, including India have introduced e-Visas for travelers to facilitate travel and improve security with data’s digitalization. Like other country’s visas, India also offers the convenient service of e-Visa to foreign nationals. You will receive the e-visa prior to your travel to India and an actual stamp will be issued on your passport once you reach the country.
How to Apply & Cost of Indian e-Visa?
To apply for the e-visa online, you can visit Visdone portal or India’s official government website. Once you visit the portal, you need to fill the Indian visa application form, upload and submit the necessary documents and then the e-Visa would be sent to you in your email. Applying online also helps you in saving a lot of time and paperwork. Your biometric information will be taken at the airport when you arrive and you will be provided with the visa stamp.
Costing for e-Visa
The cost for an Indian e-Visa differs from territory to territory. No matter what the cost of a visa, you will be charged an additional 2.5% transaction fee on the top of the cost. The normal time to get the visa can range from 5 days to 30 days.
Difference between a normal e-visa and tourist visa India
At first glance, it may seem like both Indian e- Visa and India Tourist Visa are the same but they are definitely different. On one hand, an e-Visa is an electronic permit that allows travelers to travel to India for the purpose of business, tourism or medical purposes. India tourist visa on the other hand is issued to travelers who are planning to visit India only for recreational purposes. An e-Visa also gives you an opportunity to apply online and receive your visa on your email thus saving your time and energy of visiting an embassy or consulate.
Requirements for Indian Tourist Visa
The Indian visa application is said to be one of the most difficult as the Indian government is said to be asking for a lot of documents for verification. It is always better to keep aside an ample amount of time when you are applying. To apply for an Indian visa, you require the following documents.
- Passport with at least 2 blank pages. It should be valid from the date of your arrival to at least 6 months.
- A recent passport style photograph.
- A credit or debit card to pay visa fees.
- An Image of the biological page of the passport.
Visadone has always been proficient in providing you with hassle free visa services and assistance. An e- Visa saves you a lot of time and paperwork. With Visadone, we help you process your e- visa application smoothly. You just have to go to the website and provide the needed documents and get your visa work done easily. Visadone has a team of experienced visa consultants who help you to obtain the visa smoothly and hassle free. With Visadone, getting your Indian Tourist visa or India e-visa is an easy task.Now, you don’t need to worry about long standing in queues and waiting for the process. Get your visa work done with the help of experts easily.
Contact us and get your visa work done smoothly.