An adventure right in the heart of nature is the Leh Ladakh tour. Both these places are truly a beautiful combination of mountains and water bodies. For all those folks who desire magnificent escapades Leh Ladak tourism is ideal for you. Located at the northern side of the country with the habitation of Buddhist monks. Few of the places to visit in Leh Ladakh would be Pangong Tso Lake, Thiksey Monastery, Khardung La Pass, Markha Valley, Nubra Valley, Tso Moriri Lake, Hemis National Park, Diskit Monastery, Shanti Stupa, Royal Leh Palace and many more culture driven spots. This is precisely the best location for hikers, trekkers and bikers because of the roads, landscapes and mountain ranges almost gives the feels of heaven. A destination like this is worth the visit where the scenery is just magical.
Best time to visit Leh Ladakh
The most preferred duration to visit Leh Ladakh is in summers, from March end to August.
April- The folks of this city bounce back from hard and freezing winters. The temperature at this time is around 16°C to lows of -1°C. This is the time when all the frozen lakes start to melt and get ready for tourists.
If you are someone who is used to the colder weather then winters are also an option from October to December.
How to get there
- By Air: If you are taking a flight then the nearest airport is in Leh Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport. This particular airport is linked with all the major cities and for international tourists they can access through the Delhi airport. The Leh airport is also used by military forces so there is no compromise on the security.
- By Road: There are ample choices when it comes to traveling via road. As per your budget you can choose from private or public buses. This drive is an adventure on its own as you can view the valleys and beautiful mountains. If you choose Srinagar as your starting point then you will require a Zoji La pass and a Manali Rohtang pass.
- Shanti Stupa: It is located in Chanspa, you will get to see the Buddhist monasteries and culture.
- Hall of Fame: A place of pride where a museum is dedicated to the war heros from Kargil.
- Magnetic Hill: A mystery hill where objects seem to roll uphill on their own.
- Old town Leh: This place witnesses the vintage charm where houses are made of mud and bricks.
- Leh Palace: This palace was built in the 17th century and most known for their architectural magic.