Azerbaijan is a beautiful small country located in the Caucasus region of Eurasia. It is located on the crossroads of Easter Europe and Western Asia, which is bounded by the Caspian Sea to the east, Russia to the north, Georgia to the northwest, Armenia to the west and Iran to the south. The capital city of Baki is notable for its medieval architecture and rich history. While you are here, you should not miss visiting the attractions in Baku for an experience of a lifetime. Locally, this country is also known as the ‘ land of fire’ owing to a number of mud volcanoes and flaming mountains. The vast options for exploring this beautiful country makes it a must visit among the travelers. An azerbaijan tour package generally includes the best places to visit such as Baku, Astara, Sheki, Cuba, Mud Volcano, Lake Goygol, etc. Come, experience the rich culture and travel back in medieval times with us to Azerbaijan.
Best time to Visit Azerbaijan
Ideally, the best time to visit the country is April- June and September- October. During these times, you will be able to explore most of what the country has to offer.
If you are someone who loves winter snow and enjoys snow activities, then December- February is the best time to visit.
How to get there
- Air – There are regular flights to Azerbaijan from across major locations in the world. British Airways runs a direct flight from London to Baku. The major airport is Baku Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- Rail– Azerbaijan is connected by rail to Tbilisi inGeorgia by overnight train.
- Road– There are numerous long-distance bus services from Istanbul or other Turkish cities which eventually winds up in Baku. The most popular way to arrive in Baku by road is through Tbilisi via Lagodekhi and Balakan. If you are coming from Iran, the easiest border crossing is the Astara.
Listed below are a few of the key attractions in Azerbaijan that you should not miss.
- Baku – Capital city of Azerbaijan known for its rich and beautiful medieval architecture.
- Astara– One of the most picturesque cities in Azerbaijan boasting local cafes, mosques, bathhouses and ancient towers.
Sheki- A 60,000 year old town known for its oldest caucasus settlement and silk.
- Quba– A perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of city life, Quba is a must visit for breathtaking mountainscapes and age old charm.
Mud Volcano- Located in the arid deserts of Baku, mud volcanoes are one of its kind.
- Lake Goygol– Surrounded by dense forests, this natural lake is indeed an ethereal landscape that you must experience.