A visa is a kind of a document or a permission, granted by a sovereign nation to allow someone to travel into a country for specific purpose and stay there for a set period of time. Most of the visas are stamped in the travelers’ passport or may be issued electronically (e.g. Australia Visa). Some of the common types of visas that are granted for the specific purposes are for tourism, establishing temporary or permanent residence, conducting business or attending a conference or symposium, or studying. However, a traveler must follow well-defined guidelines and procedures, which are established by each sovereign nation while applying for the appropriate visa category.
It depends on the country you are visiting. The visa fees is different for different countries.
The validity of any given visa represents the dates from which the visa is effective. For an instance, if a visa is valid for 90 days in any country, you must enter that before that period of 90 days expires. While, the maximum stay is the time that has been allotted for stay in the country. If you have been given maximum stay of 30 days, this means you are only allowed to stay in that country for 30 days, even if your visa validity is 90 days. Different countries have different requirements and interpretations regarding visa validity and maximum stay.
Visadone.com processes private, crew, tourist, business, student, work, and official visas. And, if any applicants are looking for residence visas, they must apply directly through the nearest Embassy or Consulate.
The process of visa application can take between 7 days to 2 months.
A visa on arrival is generally issued once you enter the respective country. It is usually issued for tourism purpose for countries like Indonesia, Iraq, Thailand, Bhutan, Macau, Nepal, Laos, Jordon, Kenya, cameroon, Cambodia, Mauritius, Seychelles, Maldives, Madagascar, Cook Islands, Fiji and more.
You need to submit basic documents: Valid passport • Completed visa application • Passport/Visa size photos • Payment of required fees • In some cases, additional identification such as a driver’s license, birth certificate, or bank statement showing that you have the necessary funds to complete your journey are required • Some countries require a copy of your travel ticket.
- Transit visa: It is issued for passing through the country to a destination outside that country.
- Short-stay or visitor visa: It is issued for short visits to the host country.
- Tourist visa: It is issued for a limited period of leisure travel, no business activities allowed.
- Visa for medical reasons: It is issued for undertaking diagnostics or a course of treatment in the host country's hospitals.
- Business visa: It issued for engaging in commerce in the country.
- Residence visa: It is issued for the people who want to obtain long-term residence in the host country.
- Immigrant visa: It is issued to for those who are intending to immigrate to the issuing country.
- On-arrival visa (also known as Visa On Arrival, VOA): It is granted at a port of entry.
- Electronic visa: The visa is stored in a computer and is electronically tied to the passport number; no label, sticker or stamp is placed in the passport before travel.
In case you haven't found the answer for your question please feel free to contact us, our customer support will be happy to help you.